Date: WEDNESDAY, Oct. 20
Parent/Student drivers will plan to depart from AAHS at 3:45pm to drive with the designated passengers indicated on the permission forms provided by student families. Drivers must drive directly from AAHS to the event location due to this being a district-sponsored event. Students were given forms on Friday 10/15/21.
Parents/guardians will be able to pick students up at the D20 Stadium (Liberty HS) after 4A/5A bands perform and awards/scores have been announced, at approximately 9:15pm. We will plan to meet at the truck parking lot at the address below. Please keep a lookout for dismissal times/location updates through our REMIND APP messaging system.
Academy D20 Stadium Address:
8720 Scarborough Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Students will eat dinner, load trucks and pack up their things immediately after school. Vehicles will meet at the school at 3:30pm and plan to leave for the stadium around 3:45pm.
YOUR WHAT-TO-BRING CHECKLIST:
- Water bottles, snacks, personal medications, instrument and supplies etc.
- WEAR LAYERS—weather-appropriate clothing for underneath uniforms. GUARD, please bring extra clothes to wear after the performance. It gets incredibly COLD in the stands watching other performances!
- INSTRUMENTALISTS: bring LONG black socks and MARCHING SHOES
- GUARD: check with your director for your specialized to-bring list
- Instrumentalists: HAIR *NOTE* short hair should be slicked down, long hair tied in tight ponytail.
- You are responsible for riding in the vehicle with the driver that your parents have approved with our permission slips!
- ALL DRIVERS MUST DRIVE DIRECTLY FROM AAHS TO LIBERTY WITHOUT DETOURS/STOPS!
- Transportation home after the event is over is NOT PROVIDED. Please secure your own ride home.
STUDENTS:YOUR DINNER on WEDNESDAY is provided BY KADET KREW (your fundraising $ at work!)
Itinerary of CBA Regionals Performance Day 10/20/2021:
2:45-3:34pm Eat dinner, load trucks and get into full uniforms at AAHS
3:45 All students leave in parent/student vehicles with everything for the show that is not already on the trucks. Meet at trucks at LHS by 4:30.
4:30-5:00 unload get ready for show.
5:00 walk to warm- up/ percussion start warm up.
6:30pm – AIR ACADEMY PERFORMS AT THE 2021 CBA REGIONAL MARCHING COMPETITION!
Watch 5A bands and awards after our show from 7:30-9:00pm.
SPECTATOR/BAND FAMILY INFORMATION:
Venue information, maps, etc : http://liberty.band/cba-regionals/
LOCATION: Academy D20 Stadium 8720 Scarborough Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80920
***Air Academy is scheduled to perform at 6:30pm ***
(there are no finals for this event)
Southern Regional Admission and links:
Students (ages 6-18) $7
Seniors (age 65+) $7
Children (age 5 & under) free
Cash or Credit Card (transaction fee applies)
more information : http://liberty.band/cba-regionals/