*coming soon* the 2018-19 student information/sign up form
Mini Camp dates May 29-31, 2018 8am to 4pm
More frequently asked questions about the program? CLICK HERE
There are a thousand reasons to join Air Academy Band… What’s Yours?
If you want to connect with terrific people, master new skills, be part of an amazing experience, or you just love music—
join the Air Academy High School band program!
*2018-19 Signup Form *COMING SOON*
The Air Academy band program features an eleven-time state champion marching band, nationally acclaimed jazz ensembles, two well-respected concert bands, and an award-winning color guard/winter guard program. Click here to read more about our awards, here to find out more about our directors, and here to see stories about the band in the news.
In 2017 we were selected to march in the 129th Rose Parade presented by Honda that took place January 1, 2018!
“The Air Academy HS Marching Band has helped me become more confident in myself and my abilities.”-AAHS band student
Click here to hear more from our students!
What’s the marching season like?
- Sectionals occur throughout the summer months on Tuesday nights: if you’re in town, come to practice and learn the music!
- Band Camp takes place 3 weeks before school starts. Learn the new program drill, fine-tune those marching and musical skills.
- During the School year: marching band rehearses during school hours (as a PE credit.) We also rehearse after school on Thursday afternoons from 2:45-8 pm during the marching season.
- Competitions take place throughout the season, frequently on Saturdays
We also play at halftime for a number of AAHS home football games (usually on Friday)
“I love band because it has given me great friends and confidence in myself. It is a great way to gain a good work ethic and work hard for an amazing end result.”-AAHS band student
Dates for all events, practices, meetings and performances are posted on the calendar
A parent/student information meeting takes place every year ,
DATE/TIME for 2018: *TBA*
“Band has made me connect with so many people, and it has made me a better person.” -AAHS band student
What’s the concert season like?
- We perform evening concerts every quarter
- Smaller ensembles and our Jazz band travel and perform in various events
- We play for a number of AAHS home basketball games as part of Pep Band
Students participate in various auditioned honor groups, individual competitions, and take part in other performance opportunities
“Air Academy Marching Band has become home to me. I’m here because all of the best parts of high school come from being in this wonderful, unique band.” -AAHS band student
Air Academy High school is a public high school located on the grounds of The United States Air Force Academy.
Established in 1957, Air Academy currently serves the northwestern end of Colorado Springs, Colorado, in addition to the Air Force Academy.
It is the oldest high school in Academy School District 20.
for more information or if you have any questions, Contact:
Stoney Black – Director of Bands